One major skill that virtually every female needs is how to apply eye shadow. There is an aged quote that states "The eyes are the windows to the soul." So why not make sure your shutters are as lovely and exceptional as you are? Using eye shadow is a fantastic way to communicate your style and imitate your mood. Feeling simple? Seek a pleasant neutral eye with winged liner. Feeling sultry? A smokey eye is great! In order to properly reveal your self through using eye shadow, you need to first perfect the standard positions and eye shadow application techniques.
Let's start with eyeshadow position. To perfect your method, you first should know where to place what where. Explore the diagram below for a fast lesson on the anatomy of the eye relative eye shadow placement.
a. Place your foundation color around the mobile lid.
b. Use a slightly shimmery highlighting color in the inner corner to awaken the eyes and make them appear much larger.
c. Use a darker color in the crease to curve and mold the eye.
d. Place a thin or thick line of eyeliner here to detail the eyes.
e. Include a highlighting color here to enhances the shape of your brows and gives dimension to the eye. You can use the comparable color as your inner corner if you prefer.
Now on to the fun stuff! Let's talk technique! To make an outstanding look you will need five items: primer, eyeshadow, brushes of your choice, mascara and liner.
1. Prime the whole eye with an eyeshadow base to hold and reinforce the eyeshadow color. This step is very important as eyeshadow tends crease, fade and smear throughout the day as eyelids become greasy. I suggest Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion or NYX eyeshadow base.
2. Using a brush, pat your base color of choice across the mobile lid, stopping just before you reach the crease of the eye. I choose to use a patting motion as it provides a more strong color and assists to prevent fallout especially when using darker colors.
3. To contour the eye, blend a darker color in the crease of your eye beginning with the outer corner. To locate your crease, place your brush in the location between your eye and brow bone and open your eye. Your brush should sink right into the crease.
4. To emphasize the eye and accentuate your brows put a neutral shimmery highlighting color on your brow bone. This brings in light and provides your eye and face dimension. I love MAC's ricepaper with it's gorgeous golden undertones for this.
5. Put the same color as you used on your brow bone to the inner corners to make your eyes look larger and doe like. This unquestionably unveils the eye and gives fatigued eyes and immediate pick me up!
6. Depending on your choice, add a thin or thick line with eyeliner to your elevated lid. Make sure to get the line as near the lash line as feasible for to prevent gaps and create a refined appearance.
7. Include 2-3 coats of your favorite volumizing and lengthing mascara. Start at the bottom of your lashes and wiggle up in a zig zag pattern to increase volume. I'm a mascara lady so I've tried my fair share, but by far my favorite has always been L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara. Not even some of the more highly-priced ones can touch this one!
And there you have it! Your basic procedures for how to apply eyeshadow . Begin here and build your way up, venturing out in to numerous colors to show the world who you truly are!